The witcher must bring all his abilities to bear in confronting this ancient force, these ghastly spectral riders who for ages have brought misery to the world. For this time the Hunt seeks just one person: the one individual Destiny itself entrusted to Geralt. The one soul Geralt considers kin.
- The grand finale to the legend of Geralt of Rivia. In the past he has raised and overthrown monarchs, battled legendary monsters and saved the lives of many. Now Geralt embarks on his most personal quest to save his loved ones and protect the world from an ancient threat.
- The story is drawn based on player decisions. Each action will have consequences which change the story and the game world. NPCs, communities, monsters and locations all change, based on player choice.
- The player can resolve quests and main story threads in any order or compete them in a parallel fashion. The combination of an intriguing story with a free roaming gameplay style allows the players to craft the story to suit individual preferences.
- The Witcher 3 is standalone adventure, easily entered into by new players - the story and game world do not require the player to know the previous games or even the books. Witcher fans will find subtle references to their adventures, but these elements are not necessary to enjoy the game fully.
- A breathtaking cinematic introduction demonstrating the game background - this puts players immediately in the know about the situation in the war-ravaged Northern Kingdoms and the background story of the main character.
- Unique atmosphere, memorable characters and gritty dialog - the game world has its own unique feel. It is a classic dark fantasy tale that will appeal to fans of all kinds of fantasy stories.
- Advanced character interactions - believable characters can be approached by the player in different ways. Each character has his or her own motivations and ambitions. The player can decide what actions to undertake, from romances to rivalries, or from friendships to feuds, the mature story brings consequences to NPC interaction.
- 36 different game ending states and three different epilogue sequences.